Hi all, it’s been awhile, and I wanted to share my personal favorite players for the coming 2010 MLB Draft on June7-9.
The following list is based upon my experience in deciphering the various scouting reports on the best players, and discerning who will be -again, in my view- the very best players available.
1. Bryce Harper… No brainer. Will be a perennial all-star no matter what position he plays.
2. Jameson Taillon… Has everything you want in a future ace starter. Should be an outstanding pro.
3. Manny Machado… I was high on Machado coming into the season, and he’s exceeded all expectations.
4. Christian Colon… He’s a ‘safe’ bet to be an above-average middle-infielder, though the odds point to second base.
5. Karsten Whitson… Tremendous talent and maturity for such a young pitcher. Good control of plus stuff.
6. Dylan Covey… Similar to Whitson, although a bit shorter. Mike Mussina’ish if all goes well.
7. Michael Choice… A very good player that lacks the hype of players he’s better than. Will be a very good pro.
8. Yasmani Grandal… Will not win any gold gloves, but should be a good offensive catcher. Victor Martinez’ish.
9. Drew Pomeranz… Lefty should move quickly to the pros. I see a good career ahead, most likely as a solid #3 starter.
10. Stetson Allie… A real wild card for me. Less certainty, but super talent. Could bust out or be a superstar.